Saturday, November 01, 2008

Why Me?

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player, contracted HIV during the blood transfusions he had received during one of his two heart surgeries and he was dying of AIDS.

During his battle with AIDS..from world over, he received letters from his fans.....one of his fans asked, "Why does God have to select you for such a bad disease?" Ashe replied, "The world over — 50,000,000 children start playing tennis, 5,000,000 learn to play tennis, 500,000 learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5,000 reach the Grand Slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to the semifinals, 2 to the finals. When I was holding a cup, I never asked God 'Why me?' And today in pain I should not be asking God, 'Why me?

"I cried because I've no shoes;till i saw a person having no feet"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pain vs pleasure, hot vs cold, love vs apathy; Each moment, each neuron firing, is the gift we call life. Death is but the last of these gifts, or possibly the first of our new challenge.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home