Monday, August 22, 2011

Doing Something for Society!

I always wanted to do something for the society...though had been doing things here and there but not dedicatedly..So, I got an opportunity lately...CSR(corporate social responsibility) group of our office asked folks across the groups/projects to join this initiative of teaching poor kids in an orphanage..without thinking twice I included my name in the volunteers list.
I was there last Sunday(and now it's a routine)....that one and half hour spent with those poor kids was such an amazing experience, felt so nice...moreover I was astonished to see that these kids are already so smart, they are full of energy and they are so much enthusiastic about learning things...it's really great.
I asked couple of kids, what they wanna become in future and they promptly replied "Doctor","Engineer","Pilot","Nurse",etc and no wonder they will make it..provided we as an society keep on helping them by whatever means we can...it can be done just by visiting them, by donating some funds,by donating some cloths/books,teaching them,helping them in getting scholarships,etc.
I know it's easier said than done but doing something for the society gives you peace of mind...If you don't trust me, then try to do something and you will feel the difference.

"Helping Hands Are Better Than Praying Lips"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home